- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest from one small lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice from 1 small lemon)
- carrot greens from 2 bunches of carrots, about 1 cup blanched
- 4 green onions (green tops only)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- ½ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Remove thick stem pieces from carrot tops. Bring a pot of water to a boil. While water is heating, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Once boiling, add the carrot tops to the pot, cooking for about 3 minutes. Immediately remove from pot, drain the hot water, and submerge the carrot tops to the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- After letting leaving in the ice water for a few minutes, drain the carrot tops, wring out excess liquid, and spread them on a plate or paper towel to dry.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, carrot greens, green onions, nutritional yeast, and Go Raw Pumpkin Seeds to the food processor. Blend until a chunky paste forms. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to stop frequently to scrape down the sides. Add the olive oil a tablespoon at a time until combined. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Once cooled to room temperature, store the pesto in the fridge in an airtight container for several days.
Recipe & photo by Dana Plucinski