- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter OR 2 cups vegan butter + 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper or tin foil
- Heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Metal whisk
- Candy thermometer
- Rubber spatula
- Cover your sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Set out your chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds in individual bowls so they are ready to use later.
- Test your thermometer to make sure it’s accurate. It should read 212°F in boiling water.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Incorporate the edges in to prevent butter from pooling at the sides of your pot. Cook until the mixture becomes a dark amber color, and the temperature has reached 285°F, whisking constantly.
- As soon as the toffee reaches 285°F, pour the sugar and butter mixture onto your parchment paper and spread with a rubber spatula to one even layer. Pour the chocolate chips on top, and let sit for 30 seconds to melt. Spread again with the rubber spatula until there is an even chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds on top. Press seeds in slightly so they settle in the chocolate.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set, at least two hours. Break toffee into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Recipe & photo by Dana Plucinski