- 1 lb fava beans, outer shelf removed and inner beans separated
- ¼ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup scallions, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Juice of one lemon, cut in half and sides seared faced down first
- pinch of salt
- Bring a small salted pot of water to a boil. Add fava beans removed from outer shell and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- While beans are simmering prepare an ice bath in a medium-sized bowl. When beans are done use a slotted spoon to transfer from pot to ice bath.
- Going one by one, remove the outer shell of each bean by ripping off one end and squeezing the bean out.
- Add de-shelled fava beans, scallions, mint, lemon juice, Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, and salt to food processor. Pulse a few times, then add olive oil and blend for about ten seconds.
- Enjoy dip with crackers and fresh veggies, on toast, on pasta, or however you prefer. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three days.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski