- 4 cups loosely packed kale, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, skin removed
- 4 sprigs of dill, stems removed
- ½ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Zest & juice of one lemon, preferably Meyer
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 15.5oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- Blend the kale, garlic, and dill in a food processor. Pulse until the kale is in small bits. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Pulse pumpkin seeds in a food processor until they have the appearance of flour. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and mash with a fork until well combined. Remove any chickpea skins that are visible.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge. Form into 9 patties, ½ inch thick. Use your hands to get as much air out as possible, which prevents them from destabilizing and breaking in the pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, fry the patties on each side for about three minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with tahini, hummus, or your favorite sauce, fresh herbs, and veggies.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski