- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Go Raw Sprouted Mixed Seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sugar, and sea salt. Stir in coconut oil to the dry ingredients, and mix by hand until a crumbly dough.
- In a small bowl, stir together coconut milk, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the cranberries and Go Raw Mixed Seeds to the dough and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour out the dough on a flour-dusted surface. Use your hands to pat the dough into a large ball and cut it in half. Form each half into a round disk, about 1” thick. Place disks on the baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut each disk into 8 slices and arrange them on the baking sheet so the are not touching.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove the scones from the oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Before serving, drizzle scones with manuka honey and top with shredded coconut.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski