- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole grain spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups whole grain rye flour (can also use almond flour)
- 1 tsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 ¼ cups peas, defrosted
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (or non-dairy cheese)
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Use roast setting if you have one.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork all over and place on a baking sheet. Roast until tender, or until a fork inserted in the thickest part has no resistance, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool and peel off skin.
- Turn oven down to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mash roasted sweet potatoes. Add all other pizza crust ingredients and mix together thoroughly. Dough will be very sticky, but if too wet, add more flour.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using spatula, turn out base dough evenly onto both baking sheets and spread out into circular pizza crusts.
- Bake until firm, 30-45 minutes, depending on thickness of crust.
- Place all pea pesto ingredients in Cuisinart and blend together.
- Using spatula, spread pea pesto over both pizza crusts.
- Add toppings to top of pizza.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Recipe and photo by Michelle Ritchie