- ½ butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into 1” cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 heads of radicchio, halved, cored, and leaves separated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup Go Raw Italian Herb Salad Toppers
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss the butternut squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, checking regularly after 20 minutes to prevent burning. They will be done when easily pierced with a fork and butternut squash will be golden brown on all sides. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- rop the oven temperature to 400°F. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Pat dry with a paper towel. Make sure the chickpeas are dry, otherwise, they won’t crisp up in the oven. Arrange chickpeas on a baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, curry powder, and a generous pinch of salt. Roast for 20-30 minutes, shaking the pan frequently. When finished removed from oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, make the dressing by mixing whisking all ingredients.
- When squash and chickpeas are cool, assemble the salad by putting the radicchio, squash, and chickpeas in a bowl. Top with fresh thyme and Italian Herb Salad Toppers. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski