- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter or vegan butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add the maple syrup and coconut sugar and beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix on low speed until just combined. Add the oats and mix to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, and sprouted pumpkin seeds by hand.
- Cover and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop large balls of dough (about 2-3 tablespoons each). Place at least two inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle each cookie with flakey sea salt if using.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe & photo by Dana Plucinski