- 4 medium sized carrots, washed & peeled
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 1 can chickpeas, washed and dried
- Juice of one lemon, cut in half and sides seared faced down first
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- Smoked alder salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ tahini, mixed well
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place carrots on tin foil, folding up the edges around the carrots. Pour in the ¼ cup water and completely close the foil around the carrots.
- Wrap the garlic cloves in foil as well and pour 1 tbsp of olive oil over them. Close the foil tightly.
- Roast the carrots and garlic cloves. Take out the garlic after 15 minutes. Roast the carrots until fork tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add the can of chickpeas to a food processor. Add smoked paprika, cumin, alder salt, juice of seared lemon, tahini, Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, carrots, and garlic cloves with skins removed.
- Blend on high until a paste forms. While still blending, add in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Plate the hummus. Finish with fresh parsley, chili flakes, more pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt to taste. Serve with your favorite veggies and crackers. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three days.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski