- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, half of seeds removed, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can of black beans
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15oz can of pinto beans
- 2 15oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium. Add onion, carrot, celery, jalapeño, bell pepper, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt and sauté for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, bay leaf, stock, and spices, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for at least 40 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and remove the bay leaf.
- Serve the chili topped with Go Raw Sprouted Seeds and your favorite toppings.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski