- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, separated into 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp servings, plus more for topping
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby kale
- juice of ½ lemon
- one ball of vegan or regular fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction or balsamic vinegar.
- ¼ cup Italian Herb Salad Toppers
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a cast iron or sheet pan add the tomatoes, dried thyme, 2 tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast the tomatoes for ten minutes until slightly wilted and set aside.
- While the tomatoes are roasting toss the baby kale with 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the salad. Place the baby kale on the plate and add the mozzarella in the center. Add the warmed tomatoes around the mozzarella, making sure to use all the flavorful juice left in the pan. Finish with the chili flakes, balsamic reduction, basil, salt & pepper, and the Italian Herb Salad Toppers.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski