- 1 large acorn squash
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 4 cups of baby arugula
- 16 oz halloumi cheese
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 kohlrabi bulb, peeled
- ½ fennel bulb
- 2 tbsp fennel fronds, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ cup Go Raw Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Salad Toppers
- Preheat oven to 425° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Wash the squash, slice it in half, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash into ½” slices. Put on one baking sheet and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat and arrange in one layer.
- Slice halloumi into ½” thick slices and arrange on the other baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put both baking sheets in the oven. After 15 minutes, remove both baking sheets from the oven. The halloumi should be golden brown. Use a spatula to flip the squash pieces and bake for another 15-20 minutes until squash is tender and golden.
- Thinly slice the kohlrabi and fennel, using a mandolin, if you have one.
- Make the dressing by whisking together 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, maple syrup, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl combine the kohlrabi, fennel, arugula, and dressing, toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer dressed salad to a large platter and top with squash, halloumi, pomegranate seeds, fennel fronds, and Go Raw Salad Toppers.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski