- 8 oz shishito peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Go Raw Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Salad Toppers
- ½ avocado
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Water to thin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Wash and dry the peppers before cooking. This helps prevent splattering when the peppers are cooking.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers with the olive oil to evenly coat. Preheat a grill pan or saute pan to medium heat. The pan will be ready when you put a drop of water on the pan and it evaporates immediately.
- Cook the peppers, stirring occasionally. Allow to cook until all sides are light brown, about 10 minutes. For the first few minutes of cooking, sear both of the lemon halves in the pan with the peppers, cut side down.
- While the peppers are cooking, make creamy avocado dip. Blend the avocado, juice of one seared lemon half, and garlic powder. Add water one tablespoon at a time to thin to the desired consistency. Salt & pepper to taste. Place dip in serving bowl and top with paprika and black sesame seeds.
- Remove peppers from heat and coat with the juice of the remaining seared lemon half. Top with Go Raw Salad Toppers and serve with the dip.
Recipe & photo by Dana Plucinski