- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter (you can do this in the microwave or on the stove).
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl and stir until everything is completely incorporated
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one until the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended. Spread evenly in the lined pan.
- In a small bowl, mix pumpkin seed butter with maple syrup. Dollop seed butter around the top of the brownie batter. Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl seed butter with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick plunged into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, about 25-30 minutes. Let it cool completely before slicing into squares.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski