- 2 large zucchinis, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 (4oz) bag of Go Raw Garlic Thyme Salad Toppers
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or another neutral oil with a high smoke point)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 4-10 basil leaves
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- Pinch of black pepper
- Slice your zucchini into ¼ inch rounds. Do not make them any thicker than this; this will affect the taste and ability for the rounds to fry well.
- Pour the bag of Go Raw Salad Toppers into a food processor and process for about 3 to 5 seconds, until seeds become a chunky texture similar to bread crumbs. Place seed crumbs in a bowl
- Going one by one, spread a thin layer of vegan mayo on each side of the zucchini rounds and dip both sides into the bowl of seed crumbs, making sure to evenly coat the zucchini. We recommend spreading a layer of mayo on a plate or cutting board and rubbing the zucchini round in the mayo in a circular motion to ensure even coating. Do not put too much mayo on the round or the crumbs will fall off when frying. Set the seed-crusted rounds on a plate until you are finished with this step.
- Add the avocado oil to a saute pan and preheat to medium high heat. To test oil readiness, place one round in the oil. The oil around the zucchini should shimmer when it’s ready. Cook rounds for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until a deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a cooling rack until they are safe to handle.
- Serve with tomato slices and fresh herbs. Finish with black pepper.
Recipe & photo by Dana Plucinski
Products used in this recipe
Garlic Thyme Sprouted Salad Toppers - 10 Bags, 4oz EachGarlic Thyme Sprouted Salad Toppers - 10 Bags, 4oz EachRated 5.0 out of 5
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price