- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and dried completely
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 large carrots, rinsed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp dried Moroccan thyme (or regular thyme)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed, de-stemmed, and ripped into medium-sized pieces
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup plant-based or regular feta
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup Go Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss chickpeas with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, curry powder, and a pinch of salt, and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, checking regularly after 20 minutes to prevent burning. They are done when they are a deep golden brown. Remove squash and beets from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a cast iron skillet preheat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté carrots with thyme, ginger powder, and dried rosemary until lightly carmelized, and then place cast iron in oven for carrots to roast. If you don't have a cast iron, roast the carrots on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the kale pieces, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Massage for at least one minute, breaking the kale down to be more palatable. Mix in the fresh dill and parsley, saving some for garnish.
- Assemble the salad. Add chickpeas, carrots, tomatoes, and feta. Top with the Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds and some additional fresh herbs for garnish.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski