- 1 7-8oz package of buckwheat soba noodles (use 100% buckwheat noodles for gluten-free)
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale (also called Tuscan kale or Italian kale)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dry white wine (or other liquid for deglazing)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp white miso
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare vegetables. Chop onion into small pieces, mince garlic, and cut red bell pepper and kale into thin strips, making sure to remove center vein in kale.
- In a medium sauté pan, add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Heat oil for 1-2 minutes on medium, add onion and garlic, and stir to coat with oil. Spread onion and garlic evenly across pan and let cook, stirring occasionally. When brown bits start to stick to bottom of the pan, use white wine or water to add liquid (so onions don't burn) and to deglaze the pan. You may need to do this several times.
- Once onions and garlic are caramelized to a medium brown, add kale and red bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. You may need to deglaze the pan one more time before veggies are done. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a large pot, heat water until boiling. Add buckwheat noodles, turn heat down to a simmer, and stir occasionally to make sure noodles don't stick together. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes until al dente; do not overcook. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a blender, combine avocado, miso, lime juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Blend until creamy, about 1 minute. Add water if too thick.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine buckwheat noodles and sauce. Toss until noodles are well coated. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, place noodles in a bowl. Spoon the kale, bell pepper and onion mixture on top. Sprinkle with Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds.
Recipe and photo by Michelle Ritchie