- 6 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the carrot sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Arrange so no carrots are touching; this will prevent the carrots from steaming and enable them to get crispy. Use a second baking sheet if needed. Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking and rearranging regularly.
- While carrots are roasting, preheat a pan to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and Go Raw seeds. Cook until golden brown, stirring regularly.
- Take the carrot sticks out of the oven when they are crispy, not burnt. If you want some extra crisp, broil the carrots on high for 1 minute, watching closely.
- Transfer carrot sticks to a platter. Top with Go Raw seeds, red pepper flakes, thyme, and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski