- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable broth
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 green colossal olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (from 1 medium orange)
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Go Raw Garlic Thyme Salad Toppers
- In a saucepan combine the quinoa and vegetable broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, stir with a wooden spoon and reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed by the quinoa. Once fully cooked, turn off heat and let it sit covered for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the dates, garlic, olives, red onion, parsley, mint, and Go Raw Salad Toppers to the bowl with the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, allspice, sea salt, olive oil, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Pour this over the quinoa mixture and toss to fully coat and mix the ingredients.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski