- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into halves (quarters, if large)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup polenta (corn grits)
- ¼ cup Go Raw Garlic Thyme Salad Toppers
- Salt & pepper
- Add mushrooms to a large non-stick frying pan with a pinch of salt and sauté on medium-high heat until most of the moisture is released, about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan of mushrooms and continue to sauté. Once mushrooms are crispy with golden-brown patches, add another tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, tarragon, and thyme to the frying pan. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant and golden, but not burnt. Salt & pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil and slowly stir in polenta. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly. The polenta is ready when it is thick and creamy, about 30 minutes.
- Serve polenta topped with mushrooms and Go Raw Salad Toppers. Garnish with chives.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski