- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ⅛ cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil separated into 2
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 5 sage leaves
- Add the garlic, Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, cooked chickpeas, pumpkin, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to a food processor. With the motor running, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add water to thin to the desired consistency.
- Taste the hummus and adjust flavors to your personal preference (i.e. more lemon, more salt, etc.).
- Plate the hummus. Top with additional tablespoon of olive oil, chili flakes, sage leaves, and a sprinkle of Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds. Finish with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three days.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski