- 4 bell peppers
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 green onions (scallions), cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby kale, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ¾ cup Go Raw Italian Herb Salad Toppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a deep baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut tops off bell peppers and scoop out seeds. Put in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once finished cooking, fluff with a fork and add to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Over medium heat, sauté shallot for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of salt and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the baby kale and cook until wilted and most of the moisture in the pan is evaporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sautéed veggies to the bowl with quinoa. Add Go Raw Salad Toppers, green onion, and 1 cup of cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Fill roasted bell peppers with mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is fully melted and bubbling. Garnish with additional green onion and Salad Toppers, if desired.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski