- 4 pears
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup Go Raw Sprouted Mixed Seeds
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (optional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel pears and cut into ¼” slices. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and salt. Add the pear slices and mix so all slices are evenly coated with the sugar and spice blend. In another bowl, mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, and Go Raw Mixed Seeds.
- In a 9” pie dish or similar sized casserole dish, arrange pear slices so they are evenly distributed and pour any pear juices left in the bowl on top. Cover pears with an even layer of seed mix.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove foil and bake uncovered for another 20-25 minutes. Seeds should be lightly toasted.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve with coconut whipped cream (optional).
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski