- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 lb thin asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups cold water
- 5-6oz baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Peel cucumber, cut off ends, and roughly slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut off tough ends of asparagus and slice asparagus spears into roughly 2-inch pieces.
- Zest lemon for garnish and juice it.
- Place asparagus into blender with ½ cup water and purée until smooth. Add spinach, cucumber, another ½ cup water, and blend until thoroughly puréed. Add avocado, mint, basil, and lemon juice; purée until smooth, adding remaining water a little at a time until soup is desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape down sides of blender with a rubber spatula, and purée 5 more seconds.
- Pour soup into separate bowls and garnish with Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, lemon zest, and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo by Michelle Ritchie