- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Pulse pumpkin seeds in a blender until coarse Add to a large bowl with the sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. Mix until mixture is evenly distributed.
- In a second bowl place your flour and a pinch of salt. In a third bowl place your plant-based milk.
- Cut your tofu block into triangles. Cut the block in half, in half again, and then into triangular pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Going one by one, dip each tofu piece in the flour, then then the plant-based milk, allowing excess liquid to drip off, and finish in the seed mixture. Make sure to coat all parts of the tofu piece with seeds. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. The tofu will look golden brown and the seeds will be lightly toasted when it's done.
- Optional step: if you like your tofu crispy, heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook tofu for a few minutes on each side, until crispy. Remove from heat. Add salt to taste.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski