- 1 block of firm Tofu, pressed to release liquid (we used Hodo Foods)
- 1/4 cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup flour or gluten free flour blend (we used Bob's Red Mill 1 for 1)
- 1/4 cup plant based milk
- Optional: 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Pulse pumpkin seeds in a blender until coarse Add to a large bowl with the sesame seeds and nutritional yeast. Mix until mixture is evenly distributed.
- In a second bowl place your flour and a pinch of salt. In a third bowl place your plant-based milk.
- Cut your tofu block into triangles. Cut the block in half, in half again, and then into triangular pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Going one by one, dip each tofu piece in the flour, then then the plant based milk, allowing excess liquid to drip off, and finish in the seed mixture. Make sure to coat all parts of the tofu piece with seeds. Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. The tofu will look golden brown and the seeds will be lightly toasted when it's done.
- Optional step: if you like your tofu crispy, heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook tofu for a few minutes on each side, until crispy. Remove from heat. Add salt to taste.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski