- 16 oz whole white mushrooms, cleaned
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 green onions (scallions), cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby kale, chopped
- ¼ jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Go Raw Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Salad Toppers
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stalks from mushrooms. Finely chop stalks and place aside.
- Brush mushrooms with 3 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on baking sheet stalk side up. Bake mushrooms for about 15 minutes. When you remove mushrooms from the oven, there will be pools of moisture around them. Move mushrooms from baking sheet to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Sauté shallot and jalapeño for 5 minutes or until soft. Add mushroom stalks, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Sauté until mushrooms are soft. Add the baby kale and cook until wilted and most of the moisture in the pan is evaporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer sautéed veggies to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add Go Raw Salad Toppers, green onion, and 1 cup of cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Line baking sheet with a fresh sheet of parchment paper. Fill each mushroom top with mixture and place on baking sheet. Top filled mushrooms with remaining cheese.
- Bake mushrooms for 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with chives.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski