- 1 winter squash (we used a Georgia Candy Roaster), peeled, seeds removed, and cut into crescent shapes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of white beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss the squash in 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay flat on sheet pan, leaving space between squash pieces if possible. Roast for 30-40 minutes, checking regularly after 20 minutes to prevent burning. The squash will be done when easily pierced with a fork and golden brown on all sides. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the squash is roasting, make the white bean puree. In a medium saucepan preheat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic cloves and about half the fresh thyme. Let simmer until garlic is golden brown. Add beans and broth and simmer on medium high heat for about five minutes. Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds. Preheat a sauté pan to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds. Cook until golden brown, stirring regularly.
- Plate your dish. Fill bottom of bowl with white bean puree. Place squash on puree and top with fresh herbs, toasted pumpkin seeds, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
Recipe and photo by Dana Plucinski