- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Thai chili, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 ½ lbs)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1 13.66 fl oz can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- In a large pot melt coconut oil. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add chili, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger and sauté for another 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add turmeric, coconut aminos, and pumpkin seed butter and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add carrots, sweet potato, vegetable stock, and coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Blend soup until smooth by transferring to blender or using an immersion blender.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Spoon into bowls and add desired garnishes.
Recipe by Valerie Popelka; Photo by Dana Plucinski